California Flyin

California Flyin

Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 2, well almost




Today was day two, and we almost got a task in. Most had nice flights, myself included.
The first turn point was 53km. away, launched into a real nice cycle and climbed out with Dave Scott to cloud base right away, almost like cheating as most had to struggle in the lee side before getting up. Dave and I climbed straight to cloud base in 700 up, then we were on course. " Glider was flying great too, fixed my little turn issue."
After getting to Cherry ville and close to the first turn pt, well I was 20 km. away, but things did not look right. My GPS was telling me to go where there was no landing fields. I climbed to cloud base but still could not see any landing fields on the course. Hmm. Well after checking and rechecking my gps, I started to fly back towards Randy's hoping I had not made a misstake programing my gps. Anyways after enjoying the rest of my flight, I landed with several others, and they confirmed, they did not want to go to the turn pt. either.
Anyways alot of nice flights today, but I don't think it will be scored, but thats OK, still have the memories and photo's. Nice to have the glider flying well too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice photos lets see some more